AH 251 The Museum Experience

This blog is our virtual classroom. An important part of any classroom experience is the sharing among each other to inspire, entertain and support one another. Post as often as you like but no less than once a week. Welcome! Jerry Nevins, Art Department, Albertus Magnus College, New Haven, CT

Tuesday, August 22, 2006



My name is Steph. I’m close enough to 25 to say I’m 25, married with 2 cats and a house in my home town (Madison).

The Past week or so has been like re-living a past life all over again. I was a day student at AMC from 2000-2002. I had to take a break but here I am back to the grind stone.... I am taking 3 classes this Mod. A science class, a history class and this Art class... can you guess what one is guna be my fave??? LOL

Any way, to start off I thought I would share one of my absolute favorite it pictures for one of my favorite artists. Although you true enthusiast will laugh at me because of his commerciality, I adore Thomas Kinkade. The way that he makes things glow as if full of Christmas lights amazes me. I can stare at any of his work for hours.

I also thought I should show you a pic of me as well. The one I chose is of my sister Kelsey and I . She is 16 and going to be a Jr at Guilford High next year. We are very close

Good luck to all!

2 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Hi Stephanie,

Great post! Thanks for sharing your image of a Kinkade cottage and the portrait of your sister and you! What we love about the mood Kinkade evokes is a Romanticism sorely lacking in our post-modern and at times cynical world. He IS hugely successful as a commercial artist because he knows how to tap that longing and knows how to sell it nationwide.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Gwen hit the nail on the head when she said it is all about light!

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home