AH 251 The Museum Experience

This blog is our virtual classroom. An important part of any classroom experience is the sharing among each other to inspire, entertain and support one another. Post as often as you like but no less than once a week. Welcome! Jerry Nevins, Art Department, Albertus Magnus College, New Haven, CT

Sunday, August 20, 2006


Sunday, Aug. 20

Hello Museum Experience Class,

The first week of class begins tomorrow. The class runs for 8 weeks. It's time to launch this class and get going! By now you have read the syllabus and have started making plans for your outings. The first order of business this week is to get you to post an introduction and bio of yourself here on the class blog. Take a look at the first posts that my online digital photography classes I offered during Summer '06 in Mod 5 made on two blogs I created for them, here, and here. The posts are in reverse chronological order so you'll have to scroll down to the beginning. Posting a picture of yourself would be terrific!

To get things started, let me tell you a bit about myself.... I have been teaching full time at Albertus for the past 26 years and am grateful for the opportunity to spend my life working with students who want to learn more about art. I've been married for the past 31 years to my high school sweetheart and have 2 wonderful sons, 23 and 26. My main interest is photography and I earned an M.F.A. in still photography from Rochester Institute of Technology. At Albertus I teach not only Photography but a range of other courses which include Foundation Design (2-D and 3-D), Graphic Design, Ceramics, Intro to Computer Art, and this newly developed course for Gen Ed.

So, welcome! It is my sincerest wish that you will find this class to be enriching and enjoyable. I am here to do everything I can to support your success. The key will be good communication all the way through. Don't ever hesitate to email me and I am available to talk to you on the phone as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home